Who the Heck am I

Welcome to my blog, I ran out of storage space on my last blog so instead of purchasing more space I decided to start another.

Photographing is one of my biggest passions in life. I've been a photographer for 20+ years. Although I have sold some of my work I consider myself an advance amateur. Which means I'm pretty good at pretending to know what I am doing. I arrived from Massachusetts to Northern Kentucky September 16, 2001. I hated it, for months I complained about living here, besides all the redneck jokes I would get there was nothing about Northern Kentucky I enjoyed, when I got over myself I dusted off my camera and headed for the hills, literally, I never fully understood what a beautiful place this is until I was given my first digital camera as a Christmas gift. In all honesty you couldn't get me to move out of this state.

Living so near to Cincinnati (I live right across the river) no other city can offer me more. Art museums, Cincinnati Zoo, symphony, theatre, aquarium, amusement park, Dozens of parks, one of the largest and most amazing firework display in the country and so much more. If you are from the area you know what I am talking about, if you're not, believe me when I say In and Around Northern Kentucky is worth the visit.

I know you will want to check out my other blog, I have shot photographs at the Behringer-Crawford Museum, Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Creation Museum, Eden Park, Findlay Market, Fountain, Square, Krohn Conservatory, Rabbit Hash, KY, Railway Museum, Smale Park, Spring Grove Cemetery and much more. Just click on the link below.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Williamstown, Kentucky

Another grey day, add some cold windy conditions and this made for the perfect day to lay on the couch, fireplace roaring, tv on, so of course we decided to head on out towards Williamstown, Kentucky, glad we skipped the couch. It has been years since we traveled the 40 miles, when we reached the center of Williams town not a thing looked familiar. 

I had made us a picnic lunch not anticipating that we might come across a place but when we passed by this diner I couldn't resist. I'm a small town diner junkie, we walked in to find only one other table occupied, usually not a good sign, as we sat there though it didn't take long before the church crowd came pouring in, we had to chuckle, we were the youngest ones, besides the waitress in the diner. The days special was the homemade chicken pot pie, good amount of chicken, great veggies, the top and bottom crust was awesome, the gravy was a little soupy, thickened up a bit as it cooled. On a scale of 1-5 I'm afraid I would have to give it a 3.825, if they improve the gravy I certainly would give it a 4.563.

 After lunch we explored, loved all the farms in the area, not to mention the abundance of farm animals. Always a favorite.




 My main focus (hahaha no photography pun intended) was to see the Williamstown Lake, it looked a little more impressive on mapquest, wish I had been here two weeks ago, the foliage had to be beautiful, making note for next year.







 This is a spillover for the lake.


 Could the landscape be anymore awesome?


It took every ounce of energy I had not to go in and explore. I regret this decision but will put this on my go back to list when I am by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment