Who the Heck am I

Welcome to my blog, I ran out of storage space on my last blog so instead of purchasing more space I decided to start another.

Photographing is one of my biggest passions in life. I've been a photographer for 20+ years. Although I have sold some of my work I consider myself an advance amateur. Which means I'm pretty good at pretending to know what I am doing. I arrived from Massachusetts to Northern Kentucky September 16, 2001. I hated it, for months I complained about living here, besides all the redneck jokes I would get there was nothing about Northern Kentucky I enjoyed, when I got over myself I dusted off my camera and headed for the hills, literally, I never fully understood what a beautiful place this is until I was given my first digital camera as a Christmas gift. In all honesty you couldn't get me to move out of this state.

Living so near to Cincinnati (I live right across the river) no other city can offer me more. Art museums, Cincinnati Zoo, symphony, theatre, aquarium, amusement park, Dozens of parks, one of the largest and most amazing firework display in the country and so much more. If you are from the area you know what I am talking about, if you're not, believe me when I say In and Around Northern Kentucky is worth the visit.

I know you will want to check out my other blog, I have shot photographs at the Behringer-Crawford Museum, Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Creation Museum, Eden Park, Findlay Market, Fountain, Square, Krohn Conservatory, Rabbit Hash, KY, Railway Museum, Smale Park, Spring Grove Cemetery and much more. Just click on the link below.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stewartsville, Ky

This little adventure that I took today has to be one of the most interesting. Not only with the subjects I photographed but also with all those I met and told me their stories. First on the list is Eugene, as I was passing by the house that I photographed below Eugene was outside wandering around the front yard, I found out later that he was waiting for someone to pick up some contents in the house. I actually passed by the house two more times, each time having him wave at me, that is when I decided that I had to stop and investigate a little further. Immediately after saying hello to Eugene he wanted to know who I was, not in a vicious way, in a way that expressed curiosity. I introduced myself and complimented him how photogenic his house was, I didn’t realize and became extremely grateful that what followed was a brief history of this house.

The house was built in 1918, replacing the old house that burned down, electricity was added many years later, Eugene didn’t own the house, he never really put a name to the owner, he just explained that 3 generations had lived in this house, the previous occupant died this past December at the age of 75. I was stunned to find out that anyone had actually lived in the house that recently considering the condition it was in.

Eugene continued by the telling me that the gentleman slept on the floor, had no running water or indoor plumbing, he lived there all his life, never married. I still find it hard to believe that anyone in this country would live this way voluntarily.
I was invited back to the house after it was emptied to photograph the inside whenever I like, I really believe he wants to have another opportunity to tell me more, so of course I told Eugene that I would be taking him up on his offer.

I have more but it's getting late, I'll continue this in the morning.




 The photo above I was told is where food was kept during the winter, kept it cold but never froze since it was built into the ground.
 Eugene didn't have an explanation as to why the porch swing was so high.


How could you not photograph the outhouse, can’t imagine how inconvenient this had to be on those really cold winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment