Who the Heck am I

Welcome to my blog, I ran out of storage space on my last blog so instead of purchasing more space I decided to start another.

Photographing is one of my biggest passions in life. I've been a photographer for 20+ years. Although I have sold some of my work I consider myself an advance amateur. Which means I'm pretty good at pretending to know what I am doing. I arrived from Massachusetts to Northern Kentucky September 16, 2001. I hated it, for months I complained about living here, besides all the redneck jokes I would get there was nothing about Northern Kentucky I enjoyed, when I got over myself I dusted off my camera and headed for the hills, literally, I never fully understood what a beautiful place this is until I was given my first digital camera as a Christmas gift. In all honesty you couldn't get me to move out of this state.

Living so near to Cincinnati (I live right across the river) no other city can offer me more. Art museums, Cincinnati Zoo, symphony, theatre, aquarium, amusement park, Dozens of parks, one of the largest and most amazing firework display in the country and so much more. If you are from the area you know what I am talking about, if you're not, believe me when I say In and Around Northern Kentucky is worth the visit.

I know you will want to check out my other blog, I have shot photographs at the Behringer-Crawford Museum, Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Creation Museum, Eden Park, Findlay Market, Fountain, Square, Krohn Conservatory, Rabbit Hash, KY, Railway Museum, Smale Park, Spring Grove Cemetery and much more. Just click on the link below.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Fernald Nature Preserve

Fernald Nature Preserve use to be the site of a uranium processing facility which produced uranium fuel cores for U.S. nuclear weapons production complex from 1951-1989 until it was discovered that the plant was releasing millions of pounds of uranium dust into the atmosphere causing major radioactive contamination of the surrounding area.

4.4 billion dollars was spent on the cleanup that started in 1992 and ended in October of 2006, 12 years sooner then expected, In December of 2006 the nature preserve was created. It has been said that the preserve will have to be monitored very closely most likely forever, it will never be safe for human habitation.

So you are probably asking yourself why on Earth would I want to even visit there, lol, Greg asked me the same question and then declined my invitation to join me. The preserve itself is harmless, as long as the birds and animals are not dying I think it is pretty safe to venture out at least one time, I have seen many amazing photographs from club members, so this little trip I believe is worth the unlikely risk.

As always....Stay Tune

No comments:

Post a Comment