Who the Heck am I

Welcome to my blog, I ran out of storage space on my last blog so instead of purchasing more space I decided to start another.

Photographing is one of my biggest passions in life. I've been a photographer for 20+ years. Although I have sold some of my work I consider myself an advance amateur. Which means I'm pretty good at pretending to know what I am doing. I arrived from Massachusetts to Northern Kentucky September 16, 2001. I hated it, for months I complained about living here, besides all the redneck jokes I would get there was nothing about Northern Kentucky I enjoyed, when I got over myself I dusted off my camera and headed for the hills, literally, I never fully understood what a beautiful place this is until I was given my first digital camera as a Christmas gift. In all honesty you couldn't get me to move out of this state.

Living so near to Cincinnati (I live right across the river) no other city can offer me more. Art museums, Cincinnati Zoo, symphony, theatre, aquarium, amusement park, Dozens of parks, one of the largest and most amazing firework display in the country and so much more. If you are from the area you know what I am talking about, if you're not, believe me when I say In and Around Northern Kentucky is worth the visit.

I know you will want to check out my other blog, I have shot photographs at the Behringer-Crawford Museum, Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Creation Museum, Eden Park, Findlay Market, Fountain, Square, Krohn Conservatory, Rabbit Hash, KY, Railway Museum, Smale Park, Spring Grove Cemetery and much more. Just click on the link below.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Off of Locust Pike Visited Late Winter 2014


If you head on down RT. 177 not to far after the 275 underpass will you find a road on the left called Locust Pike. It is actually a road to discover with many little roads that will take you to the top of the hill. Locust Pike also follows the Licking River,a little park and boat ramp allows you to get up close and personal with the Licking. Not a bad little spot for a picnic. Eventually Locust Pike comes to an end but an easy turn around gets you heading back. 

On my way back up on an incline, I passed this oh so adorable ready to sell home. Yes I am being facetious, With the amount of over grown um weeds you can tell it has been abandoned for some time.

Looking at the inside and what I think is wall paper I am hoping this house has been abandoned for decades. You get another clue by the old tv set. See all the garbage bags? I was afraid to look in any of them, the reality is I couldn't get myself to even go in. I always made a promise to myself that if I am going to explore the inside of any abandoned building I would have boots and gloves on. Okay what can I say I'm a little wimpy.






I really can't imagine why a house would be left in this condition as this one has, clearly the previous occupant had some major issues, or the house has become a dumping ground and a place to vandalize.

No comments:

Post a Comment