Who the Heck am I

Welcome to my blog, I ran out of storage space on my last blog so instead of purchasing more space I decided to start another.

Photographing is one of my biggest passions in life. I've been a photographer for 20+ years. Although I have sold some of my work I consider myself an advance amateur. Which means I'm pretty good at pretending to know what I am doing. I arrived from Massachusetts to Northern Kentucky September 16, 2001. I hated it, for months I complained about living here, besides all the redneck jokes I would get there was nothing about Northern Kentucky I enjoyed, when I got over myself I dusted off my camera and headed for the hills, literally, I never fully understood what a beautiful place this is until I was given my first digital camera as a Christmas gift. In all honesty you couldn't get me to move out of this state.

Living so near to Cincinnati (I live right across the river) no other city can offer me more. Art museums, Cincinnati Zoo, symphony, theatre, aquarium, amusement park, Dozens of parks, one of the largest and most amazing firework display in the country and so much more. If you are from the area you know what I am talking about, if you're not, believe me when I say In and Around Northern Kentucky is worth the visit.

I know you will want to check out my other blog, I have shot photographs at the Behringer-Crawford Museum, Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Creation Museum, Eden Park, Findlay Market, Fountain, Square, Krohn Conservatory, Rabbit Hash, KY, Railway Museum, Smale Park, Spring Grove Cemetery and much more. Just click on the link below.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

2014 Kenton County Demolition Derby

Let me start out by saying the demolition derby was a good time, I would recommend it. The only down side to it all is that it only had one main event. I will still go next year and hope the other county fairs have them as well. The rides were lacking although not for the little kiddies, I didn't even bother with any nighttime photography, food was good and the prices were extremely reasonable, I had 2 hot dogs, onion rings, chocolate fudge and a soft pretzel, Greg had pulled pork sandwich, some kind of chips that were excellent, of course I had to try one, he had fudge too and later on a burger, my suggestion would be to walk around completely before choosing, I missed the rib eye sandwich stand. The price to get in was $10.00 which in my opinion is a little pricey.So my rating on a scale of 1-5? 3.50. Better rides more derbies, bring the price down to $8.00 and for the love of God if any from the event who may be a volunteer, or committee member is reading is this...please have recycle containers, I couldn't find any, after all that I will gladly give it a 5. So far Boone County has the lead in county fairs, next one is the Campbell County Fair which is July 28th-Aug. 4th.

Never heard of City Nights TV but apparently this guy is doing some commentary about the fair from that show. 


 These rides were basically it for the adults.
 I'm all for golf carts but don't you think it's a little embarrassing to have a blue light on top of it officers
 These little guys started the derby, the first 3 minutes were cute then it was....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
 Yay let the derby begin!!!





 Somebody lose an axle?


Greg picked the winner. He said it was going to be hard to beat a station wagon, he was right. I really thought the DRD car was going to win, I think he ended up in 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment